Home » Departments » Board of Elections
The Rutherford County Board of Elections is the county agency charged with overall responsibility for administration of the elections process and campaign finance disclosure in Rutherford County.
We hope you find this site contains useful information that helps you take a more informed role in the voting process.
Meeting Schedule for Rutherford County Board of Elections
1st Tuesday of each month at Noon.
Rutherford County Board of Elections Office
Meetings will only be held if business is scheduled
UOCAVA Election Notice
Sample Ballots for November 8, 2016 General Election
PHOTO ID, SAME-DAY REGISTRATION, OUT-OF-PRECINCT VOTING, & PREREGISTRATION
On July 29, a panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit struck down photo ID requirements and other elections procedures enacted under S.L. 2013-381 and amended by S.L. 2015-103. Barring any alternative outcome on appeal, the following are no longer enforceable:
- Photo ID requirement contained in Part 2 of Session Law 2013-381, as amended by Session Law 2015-103;
- Removal of preregistration contained in Part 12 of Session Law 2013-381;
- Elimination of same-day registration contained in Part 16 of Session Law 2013-381;
- Changes to early voting contained in Part 25 of Session Law 2013-381; and
- Elimination of out-of-precinct voting contained in Part 49 of Session Law 2013-381.
The district court order is available here. Please check back at this website for updates as they become available.
Early Voting Sites and Hours
Election Night Returns
Voter ID Requirements in North Carolina
To Register or Change Information
NC Registration/Change Form
Voter Registration Drive Information
To Verify Your Voter Information or Look Up Your Polling Place
NC State Board of Elections
Federal Election Commission
U.S. Election Assistance Commission