Vaccines are available at the Rutherford Health Department Monday-Friday. They are also available at most pharmacies within Rutherford County.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- I need transportation to my vaccination appointment. Transit is available to any citizen who needs an appointment Monday-Friday. Call 828-287-6339 to set up your free ride. There is no cost for this service.
- How will I know when my 2nd dose appointment is at? You will receive a vaccination notification card when you get your first dose that will tell you the date and time for your second dose appointment.
- What if I missed my 2nd dose appointment, need to cancel or reschedule? You can come to any future vaccination date as long as it is after the date you were given for your 2nd dose.
- I have/had COVID. When can I get the vaccination? You can get vaccinated 30 days after you test positive for COVID. If it has not been 30 days, or you are in quarantine, you will have to wait to get vaccinated.
- Can I get my 2nd dose locally if I didn't get my 1st dose at the same location? Yes.
COVID TESTING LOCATIONS
- CVS, Walgreens & Hardin's Drug locations
- Urgent care/walk in clinics
- Most primary care doctor's offices are now able to do COVID-19 testing. Check with your family doctor to see if they can give you the test.
- The Rutherford County Health Department currently offers drive thru COVID testing at the health dept. Please contact the health department at (828)287-6100 for updated testing schedules and any questions.
DASHBOARD INFORMATIONClick on the image below to access the dashboard.
For instructions on how to navigate the dashboard, click here.
*The following data links are for information only. Federal, state and local statistics are pulled from a variety of databases and at different times of the day; therefore, data may not match between sources.
- Johns Hopkins Statistical Dashboard for Rutherford County
- National ESRI Statistical Dashboard for Rutherford County (note there are two pages on this dashboard)
- CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- World Health Organization
- Foothills Health District
EMERGENCY OPERATIONS CENTER