Rutherford County is currently vaccinating anyone in Groups 1-4. Vaccinations are being done in a drive thru format at McNair Field Parking Lot (214 McNair Dr, Forest City, NC). You do not need an appointment. The current schedule for April 2021 is: Mondays and Wednesday from 9:00-11:00 am and 1:00-3:00 pm.
- Vaccines are being administered in a drive thru format (weather permitting) so individuals will not have to get out of their vehicles.
- You will need to wait 15 minutes after you get your vaccine to ensure you do not have an allergic reaction.
- The state is currently sending out notifications to let you know when you are eligible for your 2nd dose. This is NOT your appointment date. This is simply letting you know when 21 days (Pfizer) or 28 days (Moderna) has passed. You can only get your 2nd dose based on the appointment time given to you by the Rutherford Health Department because they only do 2nd doses, of certain vaccines, on certain dates.
- I need transportation to my vaccination appointment. Transit is available to any citizen who needs an appointment Monday-Friday. Call 828-287-6339 to set up your free ride. There is no cost for this service.
- How will I know when my 2nd dose appointment is at? You will receive a vaccination notification card when you get your first dose that will tell you the date and time for your second dose appointment.
- What if I missed my 2nd dose appointment, need to cancel or reschedule? Please call the hotline at 223-5735 and they will let you know when you can reschedule.
- I have/had COVID. When can I get the vaccination? If you qualify under the current phase(s), you can get vaccinated 30 days after you test positive for COVID. If it has not been 30 days, or you are in quarantine, you will have to wait to get vaccinated.
- I got COVID after my 1st dose. Can I still come for my 2nd dose? No. Please call the hotline at 828-223-5735 for more guidance.
- Can you get your 2nd dose vaccine at a different location than your 1st dose vaccine? No. The location you got your 1st dose at, will be sent your 2nd dose allocation from the state. You need to get your 2nd dose at the same location you got your 1st dose.
(Monday-Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm)
DASHBOARD INFORMATIONClick on the image below to access the dashboard.
For instructions on how to navigate the dashboard, click here.
*The following data links are for information only. Federal, state and local statistics are pulled from a variety of databases and at different times of the day; therefore, data may not match between sources.
- Johns Hopkins Statistical Dashboard for Rutherford County
- National ESRI Statistical Dashboard for Rutherford County (note there are two pages on this dashboard)
- CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- World Health Organization
- Foothills Health District
COVID TESTING LOCATIONS
- CVS Pharmacy: Drive thru service, by appointment only. M-F 9-4:30, weekend times vary. Go online to schedule an appointment. Cost is free with most insurance plans.
- Forest City Family Care on Allendale Drive: Walk In Clinic M-F 8 am - 8 pm, Sat. 8 am - 6 pm. Cost varies based on insurance.
- At Home Kit from Lab Corp: Cost is free with most insurance plans.
- Most primary care doctor's offices are now able to do COVID-19 testing. Check with your family doctor to see if they can give you the test.
EMERGENCY OPERATIONS CENTER