Due to new recording law as requirred by G.S. 161-10(a)(19) effective October 1, 2011, delinquent taxes must be paid prior to Deed recordation.
Instrument Format and Required Contents G.S. 161-14
- Deeds and Deeds of Trust are required to have the name of who prepared the document on the first page.
- Be eight and one-half inches by eleven inches or eight and one-half inches by fourteen inches.
- Have a blank margin of three inches at the top of the first page and blank margins of at least one-half inches on the remaining sides of the first page and on all sides of subsequent pages
- Be typed or printed in black on white paper in a legible font. A font size no smaller than 9 points shall be considered legible. Blanks in an instrument may be completed in pen and corrections to an instrument may be made in pen.
- Have text typed or printed on one side of a page only.
- State the type of instrument at the top of the first page.
Recording Fee Schedule
Military discharges are recorded at no cost and certified copies are available at no cost to the customer.
There is no charge to file Satisfactions of Deeds of Trust